E-book address/location change?

More
7 years 7 months ago #1899 by john.presnell
Hi guys, haven't been training or on the site in some time as I've been very busy. Long story short, New site...looks great, but the address I have for the e-book says unknown book??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1903 by Tyler
Thanks, we're loving the new site!

Not sure what's up with the e-book address... Just tried mine, still working :huh:

Let me see what I can do, sir.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Tyler.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 7 months ago #1905 by Noah
Mine still works too

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 7 months ago #1906 by ScannerDanner
The eBook link can be found on the purchase page right here on the website.
Also a common problem is pasting your code in will leave a space at the end that will prevent access.
Thank you!

Don't be a parts changer!

More
7 years 7 months ago #1907 by ScannerDanner
Scroll all the way down past the comments section of Buy the book page.

Attachments:

More
7 years 7 months ago #1911 by john.presnell
Apparently the isue was something with my laptop at home...works fine on my shop pc. Thing is, on both devices the link is saved in my firefox toolbars.I'll try again this evening, maybe it was a firefox update as I hadn't used my laptop in several months.

More
7 years 7 months ago #1914 by Dylan
Ok nice. Let us know if it works on your laptop. Thx

More
7 years 3 months ago #5171 by matt.white
Im posting here to not block up the thread about the updated premium page.

My question is to the guys with both the paper and ebook. I've never owned an ebook of any sort. Do you find it useful? Can you write notes on it etc? And I live on an iPad. Barely touch the pc anymore. Can I view it just fine on an iPad?

More
7 years 3 months ago #5173 by ScannerDanner

matt.white wrote: Im posting here to not block up the thread about the updated premium page.

My question is to the guys with both the paper and ebook. I've never owned an ebook of any sort. Do you find it useful? Can you write notes on it etc? And I live on an iPad. Barely touch the pc anymore. Can I view it just fine on an iPad?

I can speak to some of this. Yes, it is compatible with your iPad. You cannot take notes in the eBook itself. It is a cloud based document which allows me to offer refunds if your not happy with it. I could not do that with a pdf.
Honestly if your looking to take notes a paper version would suit you better. You cannot print directly from the eBook. You could perform a print screen/ paste into Microsoft paint then print individual pages from there. It's not ideal but it can be done.
Hope that helps. Thanks!

More
7 years 3 months ago #5175 by matt.white
Thanks Paul. I already own your paper book and love it. I can't recall who but someone commented on having both in the new thread and was just considered having both. I too keep mine at work but often stay up for some alone time in one of your classes.
Thanks for the reply.

More
7 years 3 months ago #5176 by ScannerDanner
Okay cool. Thank you! I offer $20 off the EBOOK as a paper book owner and vice versa. So if you want one email me with your name and email address at paul@scannerdanner.com

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 3 months ago #5183 by Noah

matt.white wrote: Im posting here to not block up the thread about the updated premium page.

One advantage of having the e book is the hyperlinks to the related videos right in the text.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
7 years 3 months ago #5184 by Dylan
I own both. And I really like the ebook. Agree with Noah, the hyperlinks are super handy.
Also the fact that you keep Paul's book in your pocket like your phone is very convenient. Just a side note. For people with a Windows phone there could be a problem. It didn't work for me. But if you have Android or iOS no problem at all!
The following user(s) said Thank You: ScannerDanner

More
7 years 2 months ago #5948 by tiride62
Replied by tiride62 on topic E-book
I'm not clear on the ebook access, specifically do I need to be on the internet to access the book? Typically with an ebook you can download it to the computer or whatever, I'm thinking Kobo, and read it anytime. Sorry if I'm asking this question in the wrong place.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5949 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic E-book

tiride62 wrote: I'm not clear on the ebook access, specifically do I need to be on the internet to access the book? Typically with an ebook you can download it to the computer or whatever, I'm thinking Kobo, and read it anytime. Sorry if I'm asking this question in the wrong place.

No problem, you're in the right place!

Yes, you do need to have an internet connection to access the book. No offline capability that I'm aware of.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5950 by tiride62
Thank you for the quick response, guess I'll have to eat the ridiculous shipping charges for a paper copy, heavy sigh.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5953 by Tyler

tiride62 wrote: Thank you for the quick response, guess I'll have to eat the ridiculous shipping charges for a paper copy, heavy sigh.

Sorry about that. :( I believe there's piracy concerns at work with the e-book. International shipping?

More
7 years 2 months ago #5958 by tiride62
Yep, Canada. Wanted to purchase a uscope from AESWave but again the shipping is outrageous. Hit and miss, some vendors have reasonable shipping charges, others not so much.

More
7 years 2 months ago #5960 by Tyler

tiride62 wrote: Yep, Canada. Wanted to purchase a uscope from AESWave but again the shipping is outrageous. Hit and miss, some vendors have reasonable shipping charges, others not so much.

No kidding! I just took a spin on UPS.com - $50 for the slowest option. :angry: It's not like it's overseas or something...

More
7 years 2 months ago #5966 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic E-book

Thank you for the quick response, guess I'll have to eat the ridiculous shipping charges for a paper copy, heavy sigh.

Yes shipping charges are often very expensive :S

No internet connection at work tiride62?

Time to create page: 0.272 seconds