***ATTENTION SCANNERDANNER PREMIUM MEMBERS*** Paul needs our help!

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #17147 by Smitty Smithsonite
Hey guys - I just got an email from Youtube - they have refunded my Premium membership. I just got in touch with Paul (ScannerDanner for those who don't know), and he confirmed that they have done this with EVERYONE. That means that Youtube has just cleaned out his bank account for the channel!

Get in touch with him in any way you can, so that we can get this money back to him! He works WAY too hard for us to allow this to happen to him.

Thanks guys!

OH, forgot he wanted me to mention that he only wants 70% of the price in return, since Youtube gets 30% ... but in my opinion, I think he should get the full amount. ;)

www.facebook.com/ScannerDanner/posts/2061116524120833
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Tyler. Reason: Added link to FB

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17149 by Kluka
I was just about to start a new thread having received an email today myself but saw this first.

What YouTube is doing makes no sense. My subscription renewed April last year and yet I am being refunded the full year subscription even though I am 9 months in.

Will definitely be paying Paul the full amount so that I can carry on viewing the premium content.

Cheers, Paul
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smitty Smithsonite

More
6 years 3 months ago #17150 by Smitty Smithsonite
I hear that - I'm 10 months in myself.

What Youtube has done, is ripped Paul off. What makes this whole situation even worse, is think of the money Youtube has made off his channel! He helped them ... and in return, they screwed him. :angry:

More
6 years 3 months ago #17152 by Tyler
Not cool. :angry:

Moving this to the Book/Video questions section, where it'll hopefully be more visible.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Smitty Smithsonite

More
6 years 3 months ago #17153 by Smitty Smithsonite

More
6 years 3 months ago #17154 by Tyler
Nah, thank YOU. :cheer: I didn't have a yearly subscription going, so I had no idea this happened.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17163 by ScannerDanner
Stop the presses. I don't want any money from you guys yet. I need to see what they do at the end of the month first. It is possible (though unlikely) that YouTube is footing the bill for this. The last thing I want is to find out something like this after I've taken your money. Plus I don't want to ask for it anyway. Im actually considering creating some kind of scholarship to help kids get to a trade school. Hopefully even RTC. Just stay tuned and hold that refund for now. Thanks guys!

Don't be a parts changer!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen, Smitty Smithsonite, Tutti57

More
6 years 3 months ago #17166 by Andy.MacFadyen
No easy answer to this one ......

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
6 years 3 months ago #17174 by juergen.scholl
This is completely ridiculous , my yearly subsription was to end on 24th of JANUARY and now I got the refund message from YT.

Paul, be assured that we are all on the same page and just let us know what you want us to do to get this rectified! No doubt about it!

THANK YOU for your work

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

More
6 years 3 months ago #17175 by Kluka
OK. So following on from the email yesterday, the money has appeared in my account today.

When you know how you want to play this Paul, let us all know and if it's a case of forwarding the annual subscription fee to you, then that's what I will do.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17176 by graywave
Paul you work to hard for the BS to happen! Luckily I was not one of the yearly subscribers, I came in after you posted the video about youtube shutting down the premium channels.

I hope this all works out for the better!

Confirm what it's not, and fix what it is!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Andy.MacFadyen

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #17178 by Andy.MacFadyen
Will be a way through the storm so for now we sit tight unless told to do so by Paul

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Andy.MacFadyen.

More
6 years 3 months ago #17183 by Dylan
It's awesome to read all these comments. Makes me realize once more what a great, loyal community we have!!

More
6 years 3 months ago - 6 years 3 months ago #17259 by Smitty Smithsonite
Hear hear! :)

Just wanted to add the link that was sent out via email, for yearly subscribers to renew, just in case someone's email is down, or something: www.scannerdanner.com/scannerdanner-prem...ion-information.html

Click on the subscription shown, if it's not active, then you can renew & pay monthly.
Last edit: 6 years 3 months ago by Smitty Smithsonite.

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds