Are the SD Premium videos and Book parallel / equivalent to any of the AES exams

More
6 years 3 months ago #16517 by SailorBob
Are the SD Premium videos and Book parallel / equivalent to any of the AES exams like the A6, A8 or L1?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 3 months ago #16519 by Noah
No, not really. But by the time you have a good grasp in the premium material, the a6 and a8 will be a breeze.
I don't have L1 certification but I have the study guide and composite vehicle book, and I can tell you I'm confident that I could book and pass that test with what I've learned from SD Premium.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
6 years 3 months ago #16561 by SailorBob
Have any book recommendations for A6/A8/L1 self study? Not necessarily for passing the tests ( since I live overseas ), but for practically mastering the material they cover.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 3 months ago #16566 by Noah
The Premium videos and the Scanner Danner book are the best study material, in my opinion. Especially if you don't necessarily need to be prepared to take an ASE style test.
The test prep books I use are available from Motor Age at passthease.com
They offer print and digital versions. The digital version expires! If shipping isn't an issue, I recommend printed copies. Also, the online practice tests they offer are the same ones in the back of the study guide. No need to buy a guide and a practice test, you'll be disappointed... I was.
They are good in the sense that they prepare you for the test format and cover the information relevant to the specific tests. The practice test questions are little iffy though. I was feeling a little discouraged after getting a few of the pactice test questions wrong, but the actual test is more logically drafted.
There are also some good free online practice tests that will pop up on a Google search.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: Tyler

More
6 years 3 months ago #16568 by SailorBob

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds