1998 Chevy 5.7 Misfire Video

More
7 years 8 months ago #1569 by Rukerin
In this video I saw the injector balance test for the first time . Is it possible to preform this test grounding the injectors and watching the psi gauge? Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1579 by Dylan
Replied by Dylan on topic 1998 Chevy 5.7 Misfire Video
Hey Rukerin. That test would not be accurate. The injector pulser tool creates a certain number of pulses in milliseconds...

More
7 years 8 months ago #1581 by Andy.MacFadyen
As Dylan said also if an injector is operating but slow openning it won't show up at all.
If you eBay shop around these testers can be found fairly cheaply .

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
7 years 8 months ago #1582 by Dylan
Just had a look at the video you mentioned. I forgot about it. Sorry seen so many videos ;-)
ScannerDanner uses his SnapOn Verus here to perform an injector balance test. But it's quite the same as an injector pulser tool. Also great feedback from the pressure transducer on the Pico. As you can see cilinders 1 & 2 are restricted. Now in this case, with restricted injectors, I guess you could see something doing this manually. Haven't tried it, cause we're spoiled with all these tools...
I'll put the video in my post so other members can follow along. It's a Premium one....

More
7 years 8 months ago #1591 by Rukerin
Thanks Dylan! I have another question if somehow I could program an arduino to turn on the injectors several times I could manage to do an accurate test? Or you think this could be dangerous??

More
7 years 8 months ago #1606 by Dylan
Personally I have no experience with building boards, modules....but I'm pretty sure it can be done ;-) After all there's one inside the injector pulser tool. If your interest is in building this yourself then you can do some research.

If you just want an injector pulser tool then I agree with Andy. They're not that expensive.....

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 7 months ago #1664 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 1998 Chevy 5.7 Misfire Video
There was a thread on the old forum about building an injector pulser. It went a bit over my head...
I ended up finding a cheap Chinese one on eBay for under $30.
Tyler had even talked about how he hooked jumper leads from a Chevy injector harness to a Toyota so he could command the test to run on the Chevy, but fire the injectors in the car he was working on!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
7 years 7 months ago #1665 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 1998 Chevy 5.7 Misfire Video
There was a thread on the old forum about building an injector pulser. It went a bit over my head...
I ended up finding a cheap Chinese one on eBay for under $30.
Tyler had even talked about how he hooked jumper leads from a Chevy injector harness to a Toyota so he could command the test to run on the Chevy, but fire the injectors in the car he was working on!

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #1666 by Rukerin
I would not go too crazy with it if I do buil one I would use the arduino with a relay to ground and program it to turn it on 3 or 4 times for several milliseconds. I wonder if could program it to test coils too.
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Rukerin.

More
7 years 7 months ago #1673 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 1998 Chevy 5.7 Misfire Video
I've thought about building an injector tester before, but ultimately decided to just buy one instead. Here's a video demonstrating the build I was considering:

Oh yeah, I remember that! Fun thread we had going there.

Time to create page: 0.269 seconds