P0133 O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1 Slow Response

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #11416 by Bobby10

Toyota Yaris 1.3L 2006
P0133 O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1 Slow Response

Live Data
Fuel System: Closed Loop - Fault
O2B1S1: Oscillating between 0.1(mV) to 0.9(mV). Also I snapped the throttle and the reaction seems right.
O2B1S2: Fixed at 0(mV). Caused Lean (Vacuum Leak) and Rich (Propane) conditions and it remains at 0(mV).

PS: Costumer said that 02B1S1 has been replaced 3 months ago with a used one.

All in all, should I put a new 02B1S2 even when the DTC says 02B1S1 Slow Response?
Is it possible that the 02B1S2 causing the P0133 O2 Bank 1 Sensor 1 Slow Response code?
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Bobby10.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #11417 by Noah
The down stream sure sounds dead as dead, wonder why that's not flagging a code.

I think I would do some circuit checks on the down stream Check for bias voltage koeo to verify the signal circuit, or use a test light hooked to power to see if you can drive the signal high.
If the wiring is good, in all reality, I would sell two sensors.

Unless this is a friend and you're doing them a favor, be or trying to save a family member a buck, this car has there potential to come back and bite you if you only do one.

If you can prove the downstream is dead, and the PCM already doesn't like the USED upstream anymore, I don't think you'd be doing a disservice by selling 2 new (quality) sensors.
Just my opinion though, not set it stone.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Noah.

More
6 years 9 months ago #11418 by Andy.MacFadyen
The part number for the front sensor changed at end of december 2002 3 different part numbers listed by NGK/NTK

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

Time to create page: 0.223 seconds