Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2007 ridgeline with map sensor performance

More
1 year 10 months ago #56695 by Poq600
Hi all. I guess I'm asking a general question. My 07. Ridgeline with 180,000 miles is running great but has a slight lean engine, 7 to 10 % and stays there at 2500 rpm. It also has intermittent cat code at bank 1 and bank 2 shows possible failure soon. Only dtc is p0420 every 20 miles or so. City mileage is down to 9-11 mpg. I believe it's mostly due to the extra 200lbs of tools in my trunk. Anyhow, I was testing my map sensor response on a launch 431v and noticed a quick positive response snapping the throttle but it stays at 4psi at a constant 3000 rpm . Shouldn't it be measuring near 14psi absolute at high idle. I would think my engine would run rich but trims stay positive. Do i need to test this in drive at 3000 rpm instead? What am i missing? Please Help me not be a parts changer. Is an internal lower intake vacuum leak suspect here.? Theres no vacuum in crankcase thru dipstick - pcv test.Any thoughts ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #56720 by Poq600
It's confirmed. My map sensor will not update at 3000 rpm while in park. Stays at 4-5 psi. As Paul mentioned in a video, engine is not loaded in park. Map values did change while on the road. Sorry for asking prematurely. This proves the importance of watching the premium videos more than once or twice. Hope that was a good plug for your channel paul. This ridgeline has been almost perfect for 14 years. It deserves a couple thousand dollars of maintenence and new parts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds