Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

P0300 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe 4.8

More
1 year 10 months ago #56635 by 209businessman
I have my 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe 4.8 started to throw the P0300 and I was watching the live data on my scan tool and it seems as the oxygen sensors are acting crazy especially bank 1 sensor 1.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago - 1 year 10 months ago #56636 by 209businessman
Here’s the video
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 10 months ago by 209businessman.

More
1 year 10 months ago #56637 by Calear01
Some common reason for this to happen is faulty. You can check this...
  • Vacuum leak
  • Engine timing off
  • Distributor failure
  • Faulty fuel injector
  • Low fuel pressure
  • crankshaft sensor defective
  • Leaking head gasket

More
1 year 9 months ago #56812 by 209man
i was able to fix my issue. Thank you. It turned out to be a faulty ignition coil on cylinder #1, I used my new Zurich pro scanner to watch misfire data on all cylinders and cylinder #1 was misfiring, i swapped the coil over to cylinder #3 and put that coil on number 1 and now cylinder #3 was misfiring. I knew right away I had found my issue and went to buy a brand new ignition coil. No more misfiring. Don't be a parts changer guys lol.

More
1 year 9 months ago #56815 by MitchM
It is interesting that the OBDII did not ID a misfire specific to that cylinder —-Such as 0o301 —- and instead threw the p 0300 random misfire. I’m glad the old fashioned coil swap worked really well for you to cure this Misfire.

More
1 year 9 months ago #56826 by juergen.scholl

Don't be a parts changer guys lol.

You really don´t want to stay with a broken part, do you?:lol: :lol: :lol:

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

Time to create page: 0.227 seconds