Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Engine running rough

More
1 year 11 months ago - 1 year 11 months ago #56497 by eium29
Engine running rough was created by eium29
Hi.
I have a Renault Megane 1, from 2000, 1.6 16v engine. European car.
It has a rough idling and strange vibration especially when hot. At the cold start it runs almost normal. When i drive it , i barely notice. When the engine is hot, it runs good for only 20-25sec, then starts to run bad.
1.Compression when hot: 12.5 bars, 11.5, 12 and 12.5 in this order. Compresion when cold: 12.1, 11.9, 12, 12.2. The spark plugs look good, i changed them and works just the same.
2. I removed the ignition coil plug and the injectors plugs and every time i notice a difference. I measured the ifnition coils with a multimeter and i got good results. So i think they work.
3. I removed the O2 sensor and seemed to run a little better, but my fuel consumption increased. So i think the O2 is good.
4. Engine vacuum is a little low, i have 15 instead of 17-20 inches of mercury.
5. It doesn''t burn oil, neither coolant.
6. From tailpipe sounds like misfire, but i got nothing on the scantool. No codes.
What should i do next? Any suggestion?
Last edit: 1 year 11 months ago by eium29. Reason: I inserted "European car'. Just an extra detail

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56529 by guafa
Replied by guafa on topic Engine running rough
You should post pictures of your PID's

Is valve clearance adjustable?

What engine ref. is it?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds