Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2003 Mercedes E500 No start

More
1 year 11 months ago #56369 by AngeloMB
Hi, I have a 2003 Mercedes E500 and the fuel pump will not engage unless I jump the fuel relay. I have replace the rear SAM but that did not solve the problem. I have check fuse 87 in the pre fuse box and its hot, when I check fuse 43 in the engine bay fuse box (i Think from diagram somehow is involve) I don't get anything from my light meter. Can anyone point me in the right direction as to what to check for the fuel relay to engage?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56370 by Dtnel
Replied by Dtnel on topic 2003 Mercedes E500 No start
Being that I do keys I am pretty sure keys are also tied into the fuel system. Can't say this for certain but being mbz & bmw vehicles are always ahead of their time it seems.

Has this had any other work done recently or not?

More
1 year 11 months ago #56371 by AngeloMB
the guy I bought it from said that he took it to a repair shop and after they took it of their computer the car would not start unless the relay is jumped. I have xentry diagnostic tool, not really advance on all the know how but don't think it giving a key DTC

More
1 year 11 months ago #56376 by AngeloMB
I just watch a scanner danner video on youtube and my fuse 43 should be hot and it is not. Only difference is he was working on an E500 4 matic. I am straight E500 hopefully no big difference.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56386 by Carstuff
What is the history of this car? Why did the guy bring it in at the shop before it stopped starting? What did they do at that shop?

More
1 year 11 months ago #56446 by AngeloMB
His response was that he took it for a basic service and that the mechanic scan the car and was testing different features and then the car just would not start until they decided to jump the relay.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56447 by Carstuff
I'm wondering if there is an open in the wiring for that relay.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56448 by AngeloMB
Im checking the wiring diagram now to figure out what line to target, any suggestion

More
1 year 11 months ago #56452 by Carstuff
Can you activate the fuel pump from the scanner ? I know I could using snapon in some cars

More
1 year 11 months ago #56456 by AngeloMB
I will give that a try later

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds