Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2013 BMW 550i xDrive

More
1 year 11 months ago #56331 by jayproductivo
Hello all, we have been working on a 550i for about a week now. We have finally got the car to turn on after finding faulty grounds. After the car turned on we pulled codes and have gotten a multitude of codes that we have no idea where to begin.

Can anyone point us in the right direction of where to even start and how?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56337 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2013 BMW 550i xDrive
jayproductivo, I moved your thread to the Repair section. More traffic, more help. :cheer:

I'm not very familiar with BMW high pressure systems. But I think if I were you, I'd do a system code scan (all modules), save it and erase everything. Start from scratch.

Run the engine at idle for a minute and rescan. Let the codes that return decide your diagnostic direction. Does the engine run poorly, or have an extended crank time?

More
1 year 11 months ago #56338 by dtatum
Replied by dtatum on topic 2013 BMW 550i xDrive
Tyler, your 100% correct. The ground problems confused the poor girl. (The BMW) :-) Doing a reset will give this young man a fresh look. We just went through this last week.

More
1 year 11 months ago #56339 by jayproductivo
Replied by jayproductivo on topic 2013 BMW 550i xDrive
Hey Tyler thank you for your response I appreciate it. The car does run Slightly poorly now as in the beginning it was running completely rough. We ended up finding a hose vacuum hose to be exact that was not plugged in. We ended up erasing the codes after we plug the hose in. We ended up getting different codes some were the same others different. Yes it has extended cranking

More
1 year 11 months ago #56340 by jayproductivo
Replied by jayproductivo on topic 2013 BMW 550i xDrive
We have suspicions that this engine was taken out Before it got to us and some modifications were made. We found some grounds that were not screw down and just yesterday we may have found two more but they are in a tight spot. Task tomorrow is getting to them

More
1 year 11 months ago #56341 by dtatum
Replied by dtatum on topic 2013 BMW 550i xDrive
Believe it or not, the more things you move out of the way to get to things, the faster the job becomes.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds