Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Irratic low voltage on tps

More
2 years 6 days ago - 2 years 6 days ago #56290 by brendon.kerr
2011 great wall v240 (australia) 4x4 4cyl petrol 4g69s4n engine.Tps signal irratic on lower voltage spectrum, fine after about 40%. Have replaced with genuine Delphi TPS aswell as cheap TPS. On scope the voltage moves around irratic.Fault code is TPS low voltage.Unplug TPS and ute runs fine using MAP sensor as backup strategy(asume).TPS Plugged in: it missfires and tries to adjust fuel trims to match tps which is always reading incorrect at lower %.I've resurfaced all grounds.5v supply to TPS remains rock solid at 5v. All symptoms exactly the same KOEO and KOER.Thanks in advance, hopefully I've posted in the correct spot.9 months member of SDP and loving every chapter, currently studying chapter 22.Recently purchased my scope, this is first time using it.

In the 2 photos I'm pointing to the areas where the throttle is in idle position or gently held on low up to 15% approx
The ups and downs at open throttle are deliberate and appear smooth.
The noise in waveform down low are when I notice irratic fuel trims and obd2 reading of random TPS signal. Also misfires. Only when TPS is plugged in.
Last edit: 2 years 6 days ago by brendon.kerr. Reason: Extra info for clarity

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds