Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2015 vw Passat 1.8 turbo missfire

More
2 years 1 month ago #55561 by ed2
Hi I have an odd one here , came in with misfire. cust had changed plugs and coils, all factory , Vehicle has misfire on cyl 2 at idle. Tested coils & plugs, did compression test .Cylinder 2 is approx 30 lb lower than other cylinders , did a running compression test and other cylinders are 0-80 lb, but cylinder 2 is 0-50 . Performed a leakdown and leakdown is excellent .Pulled intake and cleaned carbon, also replaced #2 injector while i was there, . do you think the compession is low enough to cause a almost dead miss at idle? I have checked spark and is is good all the time. I tried to scope injectors, but i cant get a good wave on any cylinder -even the good cylinders. I attach photo shortly .Anyone have any idea I am kind of torn between mechanical issue , or computer. any ideas? Maybe a valve is not opening all the way or something, That would still have good leakdown. Thanks ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #55569 by ed2

More
2 years 1 month ago #55571 by ed2
I have checked my scope ground several times.... also used different scope same result.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 1 month ago #55599 by Noah
Hey Ed,
What were the cranking compression values for each cylinder?

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 1 month ago #55645 by Matt T
Looks like GDI injectors. And FWIW if the #2 injector looks different that may be a reaction to the misfires rather than the cause of them.

www.picoauto.com/library/automotive-guid...voltage-and-current/

IMO there's plenty of evidence to justify further testing on the low compression issue. Piezo on the intake would be a good quick test. Running in cylinder transducer is another option. Or you could go old school and pull the valve cover :lol:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds