Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Map sensor testing

More
2 years 1 month ago #55456 by robert.whitman
I am trying to test my map sensor on a 1992 Toyota Corolla 4a-fe engine. I need the procedure and correct multimeter values.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #55476 by VegasJAK
Replied by VegasJAK on topic Map sensor testing
3 wire pressure sensor. 5v ref, sig and ground.
You can do 2 ways. Disconnect vacuum line and use vacuum pump or KOER.
KOER back probe sig wire. Red lead of DVOM on DCv to sig, black to battery ground. Voltage at idle .5 to 1.5. Increase RPM, voltage will go up. WOT 4.5v
With vacuum pump, no vacuum 4-5v. Add vacuum voltage will drop. At 5 in.Hg → 3.9 Volts. At 10 in.Hg → 3 Volts. At 15 in.Hg → 2.1 Volts. At 20 in.Hg → 1.2 Volts. Approximately.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by VegasJAK.

More
2 years 1 month ago #55477 by robert.whitman
Replied by robert.whitman on topic Map sensor testing
Perfect... Thanks alot.
Do you know the procedure and values to test the pick-up coil in the distributor?

More
2 years 1 month ago #55557 by VegasJAK
Replied by VegasJAK on topic Map sensor testing
It's long. The testing is on part 2. Hope it helps.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds