Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 Peugeot 206 1,4 16v Gas Parts cannon case

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #55400 by RimmersTechSWE
Had to fire the parts cannon at my peugeot because there were broken components in everty part of the induction system. I have it running almost fine now.

Idle is fine but when I rev it it stays briefly at 2000 rpm before coming back down to idle.

Throttle body re learn?

It also runs rich with both O2 sensors at 920-960mV matching eachother no smoke. Had a broken injector so changed all 4, Idle valve was broken so changed that, IAT sensor was broken so changed Iat/Map, Put new sparkplugs in as a service item and the were all very sutty. Cat is new becasue it was rusted through, Silencer new /rust. New downstream o2.

I am now going to get some MAF cleaner in the hope that it wil help the rich condition. Both 02 sensors are responding so there should be no problem with the wiring. My autel Maxi AP gives me strange values for the new one but Autocom/Delphi seems to communicate with it fine.

Any point in hoping for the MAF cleaning to do anything?
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by RimmersTechSWE.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 month ago #55403 by RimmersTechSWE
Doesnt seem it has a MAF sensor so maybe it's the pcv system then?

More
2 years 1 month ago #55404 by juergen.scholl
Do the fuel trims respond to the high O2 sensors readings? Are you sure the new injectors have the correct flow rate? Check the fuel pressure, an open purge solenoid and things along this line causing overfueling.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 years 1 month ago #55405 by RimmersTechSWE
It had the rich condition before I changed the injectors to. The broken one had a resitance of many megaohms and a no cmmunication code. Now there are no codes just the rich condition.

Maybe I should just try putting it through inspection. It seems to have passed last time with holes in both cat and muffler. One scen tool doesnt really have the fuel trim list and the other doesnt seem to communicate properly with the BSI/BSM. It says implausible value on the "richness compensation" pid or somethign simular. I was suspectin the fuel pressure regulator though. The car has been off the road for some time so maybe it needs to re learn its strategies.

More
2 years 1 month ago #55460 by RimmersTechSWE
I did some checks and is seems like it could actually be bad chassi ground to the cat causing the anomaly with the O2 sensors. (The bolt that si supposed to attatch the cat to the block doesnt quite fit for some reson)

More
2 years 1 month ago #55531 by RimmersTechSWE
Did some testa again. Both O2 sensors definitely work, they briefly show normal values when coming off the throttle after reving.

Introducing a vacuum leak does not affect the o2 mV readings though.

Commanding the evap solenoid makes little or no difference. (Also it isnt "allowed" with the engine running.

I'm thinking it might be the Throttle position sensor and/or the Evap solenoid that is at fault now. Both seem to be relaively common problems on this model of car.

If it helps the car backfires above idle when it gets up to temperature. A long shot would be that it has something to do with coolant temperature sensor or ambient temperature sensor coolant temperature seems fine though (No strange values). I know a wire to the oil level sensor is broken and I should probably do something about that to car doesnt post a code though.

More
2 years 1 month ago - 2 years 1 month ago #55633 by RimmersTechSWE
There is definitely something wrong with the TPS its stuck at around 700k0hms and turning the potentiometer does nothing. (Bench test) Probably the voltage from it has been leaking to ground. So strange that it doesnt cause any codes to pop ut though.
Last edit: 2 years 1 month ago by RimmersTechSWE.

Time to create page: 0.200 seconds