Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

help tractor looses power randomly

More
2 years 2 months ago #54570 by readbeardosc
im working on a case 275 magnum tractor. it has 2-12 volt batteries hooked up in parallel .a positive wire runs directly to a 100 amp fuse.then goes to a cab power solenoid.this tractor will run fine for 20 some times 10 minutes fine then lose all power. if you grab that wire from battery to fuse and shake it around.the power comes back on and wont die for another 10 or 20 minutes.ITS GOTTA BE SOMETHING IN THAT WIRE.
how can i prove it ive done drop test from battery post to clamp and clamp to wire. wire to fuse.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #54579 by Chad

it has 2-12 volt batteries hooked up in parallel .a positive wire runs directly to a 100 amp fuse.then goes to a cab power solenoid....ive done drop test from battery post to clamp and clamp to wire. wire to fuse.

Do a drop test between the two farthest-away points. Put one test lead the Battery (+) post, and the other lead the cab power solenoid. You want to see close to zero volts. What voltage do you read, when the tractor dies?

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds