Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Ford edge 2008 3.5 ltr

More
2 years 3 months ago #54238 by abe1204
Hi Guys I'm working with Ford edge 3.5 Ltr which is On Bank 2 is rich 456 Misfire .havibg fault code P2198 02 sensor signal stuck rich on Bank 2 sensor 1. I checked 02 sensor on bank 2 it good. Same fault code bank 2 is rich I swapped a 02 from bank 1 to bank 2 and fuel injectors from bank 1 to bank 2 same issue No changed we unbolt or loose exhaust on bank 2 and start engine still Misfire. Sparkplugs and coil are good too . We check timing it's good. And the compression is good too. No air leaks on intake . My question is why is being like this still rich on Bank 2. can a PCM causing rich signal? Thank you and appreciate your answer guys.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #54240 by juergen.scholl
What is the actual reading of the B2S1? Does it react to forced changes like a vacuum leak? Did you make sure the wiring isn't shorted? What does the B2S2 indicate, is it showing rich as well? Is it a dead misfires under all driving conditions, or at idle only or under load, partial misfire....?Provide more data please.

It will be helpful giving real numbers obtained while testing.....we have different ideas on what "is good" or "tests fine" may mean and sometimes we may misinterpretate something as good that actually is not good 8-(

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by juergen.scholl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: abe1204

More
2 years 3 months ago #54243 by abe1204
Replied by abe1204 on topic Ford edge 2008 3.5 ltr
Thank you for the quick rply well, It on idle 456 dead misfire even if i can pull the coil one by one on the bank 2 no reaction , i made a video to add some details on it for you guys to understand on what is happening on this dead misfire

More
2 years 3 months ago #54244 by abe1204
here are some details at idle

More
2 years 3 months ago #54258 by SHEREP
Replied by SHEREP on topic Ford edge 2008 3.5 ltr
Have you checked the vvt solenoids for that bank? If you unplug the oxygen sensor does the reading on the scan tool change? Why is the bank 2 s2 at 0 volts?

More
2 years 3 months ago #54260 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Ford edge 2008 3.5 ltr

Thank you for the screenshots. B)

There's some kind of false rich condition taking place on bank two. The B2S1 reading is screaming rich, but the B2S2 is dead lean. :blink: Somebody is lying. My money is on B2S1.

Here's a quick test: Clear the codes AND the KAM. Start the engine. Does the dead miss on 4-5-6 remain? Or does it run better?

More
2 years 3 months ago #54265 by abe1204
Ok , I try to reser Kam and see if stillrough or run better,

More
2 years 3 months ago #54267 by abe1204
yes, i already checked it,

More
2 years 3 months ago #54269 by ontheriver
Replied by ontheriver on topic Ford edge 2008 3.5 ltr
Try swapping the rear 02's, see if o volts follows or stays with bank 2

More
2 years 3 months ago #54273 by abe1204

Try swapping the rear 02's, see if o volts follows or stays with bank 2

Yes, I swapped O2 sensors from Bank 1 to Bank 2 same fault on Bank 2 still 0 Volt. And the unplug all oxygen sensors Bank 1 and Bank 2 same problem no Change at all.

More
2 years 3 months ago #54274 by ontheriver
Replied by ontheriver on topic Ford edge 2008 3.5 ltr
SD video, Ford 02 Sensor Testing-wiring tests

More
2 years 3 months ago #54281 by abe1204

Thank you for the screenshots. B)

There's some kind of false rich condition taking place on bank two. The B2S1 reading is screaming rich, but the B2S2 is dead lean. :blink: Somebody is lying. My money is on B2S1.

Here's a quick test: Clear the codes AND the KAM. Start the engine. Does the dead miss on 4-5-6 remain? Or does it run better?

After KAM R3SET
Attachments:

More
2 years 3 months ago #54284 by abe1204
After KAM RESET
Attachments:

More
2 years 3 months ago #54300 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Ford edge 2008 3.5 ltr
abe1204, after you did the KAM reset, did the engine run better temporarily? We're interested in knowing if a false rich condition was causing your misfires on 4-5-6.

More
2 years 3 months ago #54311 by abe1204
yes, its better but then rpm goes down to normal 456 is coming again ,I also checked the oxygen sensors all from Bank 1 and bank 2 unplugged and start engne same issue check wiring on it if grounded its all good, The image posted from idle to 2500 rpm

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds