Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2002 Buick Park Avenue EGR Valve Replaced Error P1404 Keeps Coming Back

More
2 years 3 months ago #54254 by patricktoday
Is it worth a try in changing the pigtail?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #54317 by Tyler

Is it worth a try in changing the pigtail?

I don't think so. Not yet, anyway. But it's also not my Buick. :silly:

It's too easy to install problems with new parts, especially wiring repairs. Installing another problem on top of your existing one will only make your job harder.

As a reminder it is a 2002 Buick Park Avenue. My question becomes would this not be supported by any scanner on this vehicle then?

No, the data that we want is definitely supported. It's only a question of getting a scanner that'll read it. That ScanShare capture I posted was taken from a 2001 Pontiac with the same engine.

If you're sure the BlueDriver won't read the EGR data, then maybe it can at least check the calibration level? You're looking for Mode $09, specifically the calibration identification number. This will tell us if the PCM has been updated or not.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #54319 by patricktoday
Tyler and everyone thank you for all the insights, guidance and advice! I threw in the towel though, and went out and got into a late model F150. A really nice guy bought "The Boat" from us this afternoon. I know this car can be fixed and I truly hope his mechanic can get the job done. I would even go so far as to say that if Tarek asked me for help I would go over and help the guy get this EGR issue resolved.

It was a great car for a long time in our family, but it was time to say goodbye.

Thank you again everyone for all your kindness, patience and support.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by patricktoday.

More
2 years 3 months ago #54321 by Tyler

Tyler and everyone thank you for all the insights, guidance and advice! I threw in the towel though, and went out and got into a late model F150. A really nice guy bought "The Boat" from us this afternoon. I know this car can be fixed and I truly hope his mechanic can get the job done. I would even go so far as to say that if Tarek asked me for help I would go over and help the guy get this EGR issue resolved.

It was a great car for a long time in our family, but it was time to say goodbye.

Thank you again everyone for all your kindness, patience and support.

No worries at all. :cheer: Thanks for the follow up! Congratulations on your new truck. :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.210 seconds