Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Speaker issue , strange

More
2 years 3 months ago - 1 year 6 months ago #54076 by Carstuff
Weird Speaker issue was created by Carstuff
One door speaker does not get any sound. I pulled the speaker connector and there is voltage on both wires pin. I checked the other door voltage and both have the same voltage reading as the non working door. I swab the speaker around and the same door stil has no sound. Voltage reading is all the same at each door on both terminal pin.

At the radio there is same voltage reading as at door

ML320
Last edit: 1 year 6 months ago by Carstuff.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago - 2 years 3 months ago #54126 by Tutti57
Replied by Tutti57 on topic Speaker issue
What was the voltage there? I believe that is something that would need to be checked with a scope, while connected.

You could do a resistance test on the speaker with it unplugged. There may be a value on the back of it, say 8ohms. You could compare that reading to another speaker, or might find that it's open.

If you swap a known good speaker into that place and it works, you know the speaker is bad.
Last edit: 2 years 3 months ago by Tutti57.

More
2 years 3 months ago #54129 by Carstuff
Replied by Carstuff on topic Speaker issue
I don't remember the exact voltage but I remember checking all doors voltage and all doors have same voltage as the non working door. I swap the speaker from the other door to see if it would work and it did not work on that door.
The speaker from non working door works on the other door. So that rules out a speaker problem.

More
2 years 3 months ago #54130 by Tutti57
How exactly did you take the voltage measurement? Unplugged? Radio playing? I'd expect it to be quite varying depending on what is being played, while connected.

If the speaker works, it has to be the output of the stereo/amp, or wires.

What are the vehicle details? Fiber optics system?

More
2 years 3 months ago #54131 by Carstuff
I tried it both playing and not playing and all doors voltage comparisons were the same. I did it backprobe and unplugged no change. Stock amp benz ml
I had an extra amp but that doesn't make any difference. The previous only had an aftermarket setup going I see old wires but not sure what was done.

More
2 years 3 months ago #54132 by Tutti57
What year is it?

More
2 years 3 months ago #54133 by Carstuff
2000 . I don't know if previous owner rewired anything but if they did the I wouldn't expect voltage on the wires. Strange

More
1 year 11 months ago #56385 by Carstuff
Replied by Carstuff on topic Speaker issue , strange
I'm not sure what other issue could cause that maybe a slightly broken wire in harness?

More
1 year 6 months ago #58783 by Carstuff
Replied by Carstuff on topic Speaker issue , strange
Is there a way to bypass the speaker and run it off front speakers safely?

Time to create page: 0.219 seconds