Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Junk aftermarket parts

More
2 years 3 months ago #53931 by autojoe
I have a 2008 Chevy trailblazer 4.2. Got a p0128 in 2019. Replaced thermostat and housing assembly hard to get to have to take stuff off to change bought at autozone. Warranty 1 year. 1 year 1 month p0128. Replaced it again with one bought at advance auto it is 1 year 2 months old and p0128. Last time I was going to replace it with oe ac Delco the original one last 11 years. I have heard that even oe is junk now but I have no other choice. I get tired of changing it. Any ideas? Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 3 months ago #53957 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Junk aftermarket parts
I think you're likely to have better luck with an OE part. Or ACDelco, at least.

The only other suggestion I'd have is to make sure the ECT sensor is reading correctly, and to check for coolant contamination causing failure of thermostat.

More
2 years 3 months ago #53960 by autojoe
Replied by autojoe on topic Junk aftermarket parts
Cts fine coolant flush and refill when replaced thermostat a year 2 months ago. I cleared code ran few times hasn't came back on yet. It's been - 21 degrees here lately Wonder if extreme temperatures slower warm up could cause it to trip. Time will tell. Thanks for the reply.

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds