Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Re:Re:Programing module

More
2 years 4 months ago #53597 by Thrashnasty13
Anyone ever factory programed a module on a vehicle with an aftermarket tune, without removing the tune first. Having issues on a 215 mustang gt for the PSCM, I replaced the rack assembly and had issues programming thru Motorcraft with my J-tool. Was successful thru the forscan.com software, module shows a vin match however I'm still getting codes u2100 module configuration code. Any input would be great, thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #53598 by Thrashnasty13
Replied by Thrashnasty13 on topic Programing module
Anyone ever factory programed a module on a vehicle with an aftermarket tune, without removing the tune first. Having issues on a 2015 mustang gt for the PSCM, I replaced the rack assembly and had issues programming thru Motorcraft with my J-tool. Was successful thru the forscan.com software, module shows a vin match however I'm still getting codes u2100 module configuration code. Any input would be great, thank you.

More
2 years 4 months ago #53604 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:Programing module
Haven't had any trouble with it aftermarket tuning , I have had trouble with the new part having more writable AB slots (it gives a warning that not all slots are filled continue anyways) did you save the original AB or download from otis?

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

More
2 years 4 months ago #53605 by Thrashnasty13
Replied by Thrashnasty13 on topic Re:Programing module
I'm not sure what AB slots are, im assuming the slots you input the as built data? So my new module had the same slots and had data in it. I didn't erase the data just changed the characters that are different. Code is still there but vin is updated in module.

More
2 years 4 months ago #53606 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:Re:Programing module
Yes the AB is "as built" slots , where did you get the stiff to write to it from the old pscm or from Otis website or otis ownload through fordcan?

More
2 years 4 months ago #53607 by Thrashnasty13
I got the AB data from the motorcraft service website. Under free resources and then input the vin

More
2 years 4 months ago #53610 by Thrashnasty13
What happened to ya Ben?

More
2 years 4 months ago #53613 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Programing module
Is the tune in the pcm or the rack?? You might have to do module as built data?

More
2 years 4 months ago #53615 by Thrashnasty13
Tune is for the pcm, I have done as build data and vin matches in the pscm module however it's still throwing a code that it needs to be initialized

More
2 years 4 months ago #53617 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:Programing module
Couldnt log back in earlier then got busy at work.... so the u2100 is not for vin mismatch it's for the other coding blocks of the AB file ,can you get me a copy of your AB file and vehicle vin? You can download it in forscan, or just take a picture of it and send me a picture. On a dice not in the future try to save the original AB from the rack before removal and reload it to the new rack after but otis should have the correct info anyways you just never know if it got dealer installed options or not

More
2 years 4 months ago #53618 by Thrashnasty13
Replied by Thrashnasty13 on topic Re:Programing module
I ended up plugging the old module in and check the ab on it against the one I got from motorcraft website and they matched. I tried most of the day with no luck. Ended up taking to ford and they were able to program it. Im still waiting to hear back how. At first they were having issues because of the tune.

More
2 years 4 months ago #53619 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:Re:Programing module
Are you familiar with how to use forscan to download and upload the AB file rather than manual input?

More
2 years 4 months ago #53620 by Thrashnasty13
I am not. I did see the option but had no clue how it works. This was my first time using forscan. Is downloading and uploading thru forscan better?

More
2 years 4 months ago #53628 by Ben
Replied by Ben on topic Re:Re:Re:Programing module
It eliminates any user error (these are Case sensitive) any user error will bust the whole chain (the last 2 characters in each row are a checksum) most modules I have checked the first 4 rows are the vin after that is as built options

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds