Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Crankshaft sensor waveform

More
7 years 9 months ago #749 by Carstuff
What could be wrong with this waveform

It seems to not be the same pattern koec but when it's running it's equal pattern.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 9 months ago #767 by ScannerDanner
Why does your trace keep slowing down? What scope are you using?
What I saw looks like a scope issue. Not enough sampling, too long of a time base, incorrect or poor contact with the sensor...

Don't be a parts changer!

More
7 years 9 months ago #769 by Carstuff
Replied by Carstuff on topic Crankshaft sensor waveform
This is a played back capture not live. I was scrolling through the frames. It's the modis.
I was wondering why is the some of the waves look distorted. It only looks like that on a koec test but if it fires up its clean looking waveform.

More
7 years 8 months ago #1803 by Carstuff
The harmonic pulley has 4 notches that go over the cps. This is a 2 wire cps . However during cranking it appears to only show one clean waveform than the second one is somewhat looks distorted then the third waveform is clean and pattern repeats with different levels of distort third waveform.

If the car starts up its all clean waveforms

More
7 years 8 months ago #1804 by Carstuff
Is it possible the cps is faulty while cranking ?

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds