Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Chevy Cruze no crank

More
2 years 4 months ago #53183 by A1 mechanical
Dear fellas, I am dealing with 2011 Holden / ,Chevy Cruze 1.4 petrol turbo. Car came in for oil change. After oil change, it wouldn't crank on the hoist. Since then it never did. It is Push start button type.

Only one code was in ABS
U0140-71 no comm with BCM - invalid data received from BCM.

High speed comm lines are looking good in every module.

Wake up signals are getting on every module as per wiring.

All powers and grounds are good in every module in high speed comm.

Codes returns immediately after every ignition cycle.

Replaced virgin BCM and programmed. No change. Same U0140-71 fault still present in ABS but now I have one more fault in ecu. Immobiliser key not programmed is fault description in ecu. During New BCM programming, all keys were erased and had to so immobiliser learn. Now key locks unlocks doors, BCM is detecting fob or else push button wouldn't turn ignition on. Thats what I believe. I have done immobiliser learn to ecu multiple times. Programming does shows completed and pass but faults remains in ecu same for immobiliser key not programmed.

Car still same no crank. All dash light comes on. It's a manual transmission. So I have checked and calibrated brake switch plus clutch switch. I'm not getting crank signal from ecu to relay. I do not know what else can I check or do from here. Please any suggestion would be much appreciated. Merry Christmas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #53185 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic Chevy Cruze no crank
What was the code number for the immobilizer issue? Have you checked keys battery charge as a low battery on key can cause an issue like this. The battery should be replaceable otherwise a new key will need to be made. I have ran into this a few times in the last few months from dead/almost dead batteries in keys on the Chevy Cruze.

More
2 years 4 months ago #53199 by A1 mechanical
Replied by A1 mechanical on topic Chevy Cruze no crank
Cruze has key slot in the cupholder. I tried directly there. I don't think it needs good battery in the key if you put key in the key slot.

More
2 years 4 months ago #53201 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic Chevy Cruze no crank
Can you look at clutch switch input on a scanner? Can you look at power mode in the bcm data list? Any functional tests to force starter to crank?

More
2 years 4 months ago #53202 by Hardtopdr2
Replied by Hardtopdr2 on topic Chevy Cruze no crank
Cruze does have the starter relay test which will crank starter but it will only happen once with the immobilizer codes set. Then it will be disabled.

More
2 years 4 months ago #53203 by Cheryl
Just trying to see if the starter is capable of engaging. Then go back to the immobilizer code

More
2 years 4 months ago #53204 by A1 mechanical
Yes Cheryl. Actuation for starter unable to perform. Clutch switch is at 100 % pressed in.
Power mode is off when it's off and Run when ignition on. Nothing else. All the basics has been checked already.

In ecu under immobiliser data.
Immobiliser security programmed : yes
Immobiliser security code accepted: no
That's what in live data list.

Ecu starter enable signal: No. at all time

More
2 years 4 months ago #53208 by Cheryl
What codes you getting?

More
2 years 4 months ago #53209 by A1 mechanical
U0140-71 in ABS
Immobiliser key not programmed in ecu
I don't have the code numbers at this stage. I will get back later in that

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds