Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

UPS switcher/yard truck relay chatter and shuts off - need help

More
2 years 4 months ago #53161 by Johnpreid
What’s up guys. I’ve got a yard truck/switcher (diesel) that cuts off and came in on a hook. I am still learning electrical. Hoping someone can post some YouTube videos or have some advice. I’ve found one relay that’s constantly clicking really fast. Can I assume it’s on that circuit? What would cause engine to shut down? The high beams are also flashing really fast, same speed as relay chatter. Can I jumper wire the empty relay connections too find the shorted circuit and examine those wires? I saw one guy talking about a bad frame or block ground causing similar issues. Still a little confused about how voltage could be on the block or frame with bad ground unless it’s on the way back to battery. Kind of lost it n what basic checks to start with. Thanks for any help or videos. Do not have wiring diagrams for it. Don’t think anyone has them! I know to check in places where heat and friction takes place but otherwise not sure where to start.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.181 seconds