Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

06 Isuzu HRT 7.8 diesel chassis power windows

More
2 years 5 months ago #53066 by Johnpreid
I used Danners switch input (pull up) method for the door locks but the power windows are current carrying wires. I actually tested them for continuity. Mitchell doesn’t have the wiring diagrams for some reason. Forgive me if I missed this in the book. I wanted to operate (bypass test) the circuitry but when I unplugged everything and passed 12v with alligator clips and t pins it didn’t work. Just wondering if anyone can comment on that.

How to bypass test non computer signal/current carrying wires. I could be wrong altogether.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 5 months ago #53073 by Noah
The window motors will reverse polarity. If I need to prove one I disconnect it from the harness and apply 12v to one pin and ground to the other, then reverse them to operate the motor in the opposite direction.
To test the circuit i plug a head lamp into the current carrying wires and operate the switch. If the circuit is good the lamp will light when you move the switch up or down.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 5 months ago #53083 by Johnpreid
How did you hook up the head lamp?

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 5 months ago #53085 by Noah
I use one like this:

I have banana plugs on mine so I can pick the correct terminals out of this kit: www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j...Zqs8bpNNm3t9yNmeIjUk
But you don't need to go crazy, alligator clips will do the trick if you can keep them from touching each other.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

More
2 years 5 months ago #53086 by juergen.scholl

How did you hook up the head lamp?

You can disconnect the harness from the window motor and then connect one wire of your headlight into the plug on the harness side while the second lead of your head light goes to ground. Operating the switch then should make the light come on. You would test the second wire in the plug (harness side again) in the same way.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #53087 by juergen.scholl
Noah, I like the "don't tamper" message....;-)

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by juergen.scholl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds