Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Long crank

More
2 years 4 months ago #53026 by Carstuff
Would anyone know if the cold start injector fires everytime regardless of temperature. I know during cranking the wire shows 12 volts.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #53027 by ontheriver
That's the power side, crank only, on ground side, it is controlled by a thermostat or temp. sensor

More
2 years 4 months ago #53029 by Carstuff
Would you know if bypassing the thermswitch so it fires every time regardless of temperature would be an issue?
I have a long crank time but if I force it to spray it cranks fine. Or to get it to start normal I have to tap the throttle open a bit

More
2 years 4 months ago #53031 by ontheriver
Sounds like a bandaid, I would not alter the cold start system, What is the vehicle?

More
2 years 4 months ago #53032 by Carstuff
929 model
I probed the crankshaft sensor during cranking and the pattern was not consistent. New sensor as well same crank pattern.

More
1 year 6 months ago #58796 by Carstuff
Replied by Carstuff on topic Long crank

More
1 year 5 months ago #58878 by Carstuff
Replied by Carstuff on topic Long crank
Cold start injector isn't firing and it takes long to start up , check put video

youtube.com/shorts/nDwEBLNJn9Y?feature=share

Time to create page: 0.206 seconds