Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

codes p0300 and p0316

More
2 years 5 months ago #52894 by Christian77
this truck is a Ford f350 5.4 2012 its a camper conversion the customer brought it in for a misfire concern she stated the misfire started when she returned from her trip 2 weeks ago I noticed the vehicle had new has tested gas for quality. and ethenol content its flex fuel. but all that seems okay while starting the vehicle I monitored power balance it seems all cylinders have misfires some more than others I perform a relative compression test all cylinders. are okay cylinder was a tad lower but within tolerance I took a couple of the plugs out found them to be white brownish and flaky I reset the gap to see if help but it did not. fuel pressure was at 60psi I performed an intake leak with smoke found nothing this vehicle on has 39000 miles when I also prezzurized the coolant system to see if internal coolant leak was found but none present . My only suspicions left are in the fuel system when i recovered fuel from the vehicle it seemed deluted clear almost any advice would be great these codes seem to always be a struggle for me I also realized that the misfires were still showing up once warmed up
the power balance images are at steedy crusing speed uphill or at load

the potential misfire chart was at idle and it did it all the way until it warmed up
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #52896 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic codes p0300 and p0316
Being a ford I’d put a coil and boot in clylinders 1 and 5. What are fuel trims reading??

More
2 years 5 months ago #52897 by Christian77
Replied by Christian77 on topic codes p0300 and p0316
The fuel trims are negative long 1 8.59 long2 6.25 short1 -3 to 2 short 2 -1.8 to 2 I thinking it's got some fuel injector issues? The truck does get driven around much maybe there leaking not sure

More
2 years 5 months ago #52898 by Christian77
Replied by Christian77 on topic codes p0300 and p0316
I also replaced plugs on the most concerning cylinders to see if there contribution improves but no I swapped coils on concerning cylinders but again small misfires stay with there cylinders

More
2 years 5 months ago #52912 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic codes p0300 and p0316
Can the misfire be felt while you're running the Power Balance test?

I know the Power Balance says #1 is weak, but I'd still be interested in checking Mode $06 to make sure those counts agree. I've been lied to by Fords before. :silly:

Was your relative compression test run with IDS, or with a scope?

Speaking of IDS, does the Injector Balance test show an issue?

Time to create page: 0.283 seconds