Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2016 ram 2500 6.4 hemi P2305,P0302

More
2 years 5 months ago #52883 by Jostr
I'm a bit stumped y'all, I was looking at a 2016 ram 2500 6.4 hemi the issue I have is I've got 2 codes p0302 and p2305. I played swaptronics and swapped #2 coil and plug to #4 misfire stayed on #2. For some reason the PCM continued to limit injector pulse after a few seconds of running on #2. I'm confused because the original #2 coil work fine in #4 cylinder. Is this a PCM strategy I'm not aware of.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #52884 by Ben
It sounds like you've confirmed it is not the plug or coil causing the misfire. If this is anything like the 5.7 hemi I would suggest a relative compression test (not conventional) or even better a running compression test you will likely find a wiped out camshaft causing valves not to open...

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

More
2 years 5 months ago #52885 by juergen.scholl

. For some reason the PCM continued to limit injector pulse after a few seconds of running on #2. I'm confused because the original #2 coil work fine in #4 cylinder. Is this a PCM strategy I'm not aware of.

Attachment not found

Attachment not found

To avoid damage to the catalytic converter many engine management systems, especially on recent platforms, will cut injector pulse to an offending cylinder in case of a detected specific misfire. The computer may not know the exact reason of the misfire and with this preventive move ensures that no possibly unburned fuel will light off in the converter destroying it.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 years 5 months ago #52886 by Jostr
Yeah I know about the removing pulse for misfires but I couldn't figure out why it didn't come back after changing the coil out.

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #52887 by juergen.scholl
From your first post I understood that after swapping coils the injector pulse actually did return for a couple of seconds before it was shut off again. If this is true then the misfire condition keeps to be present. As Ben pointed out the misfire is not related to the components you just swapped.

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by juergen.scholl.

More
2 years 5 months ago #52888 by Jostr
Gotcha had to reread what yall had said. Thanks I'll dig deeper

Time to create page: 0.255 seconds