Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Fuel pump pumping air

More
2 years 6 months ago #52478 by Miracosta
Hello, so I have a 2013 Nissan NV 3500 HD with the 4 L V6 engine. I have smoked this thing on the intake and exhaust the vehicle runs lean; upon a fuel pump pressure test found that every time the bleeder was used on the gauge it was air I’m trying to solve this lean code issue. It is a returnless fuel system and I’m wondering if anybody has had issues with a fuel pump pumping a portion of the fuel lean with air would cause 25% bank one at idle edition of fuel and 15% on the other bank edition of feel.??

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52482 by Andy.MacFadyen
I think you might want have to have a look inside the tank, pump suction obviously but if it has an in-tank filter you should have a check on that as it is not unknown for in-tank filters to come apart inside the tank.

" We're trying to plug a hole in the universe, what are you doing ?. "
(Walter Bishop Fringe TV show)

More
2 years 6 months ago #52494 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic Fuel pump pumping air
If you're really concerned about aeration of the fuel, I'd suggest disconnecting your gauge set and put the fuel line into a suitable container. Run the pump however you can (relay bypass, scan tool, whatever) and observe the fuel flow. Is it aerated? Does it have good strong flow? The general rule I've always heard is a pint every 15 seconds.

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds