Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

honda no start

More
2 years 6 months ago #52460 by mikieb
honda no start was created by mikieb
2006 Honda civic si 2.0 customer installed owen tranny clutch, know a no start, first started with no communication with computer check power grounds found fuse blown got some communication going on, set code for crank sensor scoped it and found no signal has spark and injector pulse pull plugs they was wet fouled out compression 120 /150 lbs
re[place plugs keeps fouling plugsĀ 

mikieb

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 6 months ago #52469 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic honda no start
What exactly are the codes that are setting?
If you have spark and injection pulse the crank sensor must be working, can you see RPM on the scan tool while cranking?
Minimum compression for that engine is 135psi, with a maximum variation of 28psi between cylinders.
If you recorded 120-150 you're just outside of the "normal" range on both counts. If the plugs are fuel fouling cylinder wash could contribute to this.
Over fueling during cranking can be from a bad input like a coolant temp sensor. On a cold start it should read very close to what is being reported by the ambient air temp sensor and the intake air temp sensor.
Does the engine sound like it cranks normal? I have seen someone accidently spin that engine backwards during a clutch job which can cause the timing to jump.
That would give you a crank-no start with fuel, spark and fouled plugs.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 6 months ago #52476 by mikieb
Replied by mikieb on topic honda no start
Codes was po335 no signal for crk ,yes there is rpm and injector pulse, rpm on this vehicle makes it from cam signal when cri is miss I thinking because there was rpm so I put a scope on it and ther was nothing while I have the scope out (my 2 channel snap on ) with a new good crk sensor I looked at crk/ both cam and cop coil on number one and from the best I can tell it's out off time ,and yes I think they turn the engine backwards too so thank you for the in put

mikieb

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds