Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2012 chevy traverse, 3.6 - Starts then shuts down, NO CODES argggggggh

More
2 years 6 months ago #52324 by Dave101
Had a shop call me on a 2012 traverse, runs then shuts off. Went through everything thing and the only code was P062F. Car runs then shuts down. No immobilizer light on. No codes. Ecm software needed updating so went ahead and updated. NO CHANGE.
Has anyone come across this code before?  Service info says ecm replacement.  I need better direction before become a parts changer!Lol

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #52329 by Chad

DTC P062F
 -  Control Module Long Term Memory Performance

Circuit/System Description

The internal fault detection is handled inside the fuel pump flow control module (FPCM). No external circuits are involved.

Check the Fuel Pump Control Module for good power and ground before replacing.  After replacing, the module will need to be programmed with SPS2.

"Knowledge is a weapon. Arm yourself, well, before going to do battle."
"Understanding a question is half an answer."

I have learned more by being wrong, than I have by being right. :-)
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Chad.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, Dave101

More
2 years 6 months ago #52352 by Tyler
Which module set the P062F?

The only time I've seen that code was on a '12 Acadia that had a no crank complaint. P062F was set along with a list of O2 codes:

I ultimately found a failing battery. Cranking voltage would go below 6V at times. Voltage drops were good. TSB #12-06-04-001 suggested the same:

File Attachment:

File Name: 12-06-04-001.pdf
File Size:74 KB

I'd monitor PCM powers and grounds during the shutdown, if you haven't already. Don't know the mileage, but a 2012 is old enough to have had the engine out at least once for chains. That makes the main block ground, the rear cylinder head ground and the fuse box connections suspect. If the powers and grounds check, it's ECM time. B)

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds