Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2001 Ram 2500 5.9 Cummins P0341, comparing scope results

More
2 years 6 months ago #52268 by Dakotaqfitz
Hey y’all, got a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 with the 24v 5.9 Cummins, keeps throwing a p0341. ECM CMP RPM on the scan tool is erratic and will fall out 200 RPMS or less below the ECM Inj Pump RPM. New to using a lab scope, trying to learn a thing or two. I have scope results from the CMP signal at the ECM on this truck, and a known good one from another 01 24v in our lot. Can anyone give me some insight on what’s going on, it looks like the some of the waves are not as sharp and smooth as the known good. Is this an acceptable scope result? Thanks in advance. 

Known good

Unknown Result

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52269 by Desmond6004
They don't look too bad as long as they don't drop below a certain level. Sometimes you have to scope it at a very high frequency to see if there is something like magnetic interference present - that would show if there are spots where the pattern drops away far enough to cause issues. A low frequency scope is like a 1 megapixel camera, it gives an idea what the image looks like but you can't zoom in to see more details.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52270 by Dakotaqfitz
I can give that a shot tomorrow. This scope has the capability of higher frequency, these were just the settings I used that were recommended by some of the videos I saw

More
2 years 6 months ago #52272 by AJeep18
Agreed a "zoomed in" capture would be better. Unless my eyes deceive me, it look like the falling edge after the weird looking tooth does not get pulled quite to ground, but someone with more knowledge than me will have the comment on the cause and symptoms of this. 

More
2 years 6 months ago #52279 by Dakotaqfitz
Here’s some shots of it with different frequencies 

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds