Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Short Term Fuel Trim and Long Term Fuel Trim both positive

More
2 years 6 months ago #52062 by normand1234
Hello All

I have a 2010 Honda CR-V (4 cylinder 2.4L engine) and I am having a lean code on the car, short term fuel trim is 25% on bank 1 and long term fuel trim is 35.2%.

I would like to know from you guys what I should test first. Vaccum Leaks or Fuel Pressure? (I don't have a fancy OBD2 that can give me the fuel pressure from the rail)

Let me know your thoughts.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52063 by Tyler
Thanks for providing the freeze frame data. B) Shouldn't need a fancy scan tool for this one - your C-reader will likely be just fine.

Given that the code set off idle while driving down the road, I wouldn't immediately suspect a vacuum leak. I can count on one hand the number of Honda/Acura vehicles I've seen with bad fuel pumps. ;) Doesn't mean it can't have a fuel pressure problem! It just isn't very high on my list of suspects.

I'd be more suspicious of a torn intake boot or debris on the MAF sensor. Both can be checked visually with a little disassembly.

If you're interested in learning some fuel trim diagnostics, I'd suggest watching engine speed, MAF g/s, MAP, short and long trims and Absolute Load. Do this while idling, driving down the road and during a WOT run from a stop into second gear. The trim behavior, MAF and Load readings will help you narrow your list of suspects.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52122 by normand1234
Thanks Tyler. I will review this great suggestions and will try to find the problem.

I do appreciate your input and I will keep in mind to come back and post what I find.

Thanks and have a good day.

Time to create page: 0.214 seconds