Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

04 MAZDA 6 Shuts off codes c1119 and u1900-ff

More
2 years 6 months ago #52057 by gilbert
God bless you my brothers and sisters.
     Today I got this Mazda 6 that shuts off when I accelerate either fast or slow. I can hear a relay that  click and lights turn on in the dash. Car will shut down if I don't let off the accelerator or if I don't gun it, it doesn't do it all the time. Any ideas on what is going on here?  Thank you for reading.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52061 by Tyler
U1900 is a pretty non-specific CAN code. It doesn't point to a specific module, just that there was a communication issue. :silly: Which module did you retrieve the U1900 from?

Without getting too invasive, I'd start with visually checking the ECM, TCM and ABS module connectors for any shenanigans. Rubbed wires, connectors that aren't fully latched, like that. If possible, it'd be nice to have a scope on pins 6 and 14 at the DLC during a test drive. Seeing what the CAN lines are doing during the fault might give us a better idea of what to look for.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbert

More
2 years 6 months ago #52067 by Desmond6004
With the engine idling, slowly move the engine harness around near the point where there is the most likely movement between engine and chassis - sometimes the twisting of the engine with acceleration shows up a broken or rubbed through wiring harness.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gilbert

More
2 years 6 months ago #52074 by gilbert
God bless you my brothers and sisters.
   Tyler, Desmond6004 thank you for your help. I did the wiggle test looked at point of contact and found nothing. The car didn't act up when doing the wiggle test either. The problem seems to go away if the car stays on for a long time.
                                   So the customer came in of an update and she decided to take the car. 
      Thanks again for your help, and sorry that it ended this way.

Time to create page: 0.228 seconds