Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Infinity qx4 2000 check engine light codes input please

More
2 years 6 months ago #52008 by Raven44
Hello,

my qx4 has thrown two codes. 

“P0325 knock sensor 1, circuit bank 1 or single sensor.”

“P0131 O2 sensor circuit low, voltage bank 1, sensor 1.”

All input or advice is appreciated. I’d like to save time and money before potentially taking it to aka shop. Thank you very much 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52011 by Raven44
Thank you

I forgot some possibly pertinent information Togo along with this

The car has recently been having trouble starting. When the problem occurs, I have power and the car does turn over. However, the car turns over several times and then fails to start. Each time this has happened it will start after 4 failed attempts

Also I noticed it takes one extra turn over occasionally to start. It usually starts after 3 turn overs but rarely it takes 4 turn overs to start

Would these symptoms possibly indicate sensor going bad? Or give you any other possible indications?

Thank you again

More
2 years 6 months ago #52045 by Tyler
IMO, your O2 code and your hard starting symptom are unrelated. The O2's are not an input for cranking fueling. I agree that the knock sensor is NBD and not really worth pursuing right now.

Your description of the hard starting sounds like the fuel rail is bleeding down. There's a couple quick tests you can do first. One, get the engine started, idle it for a few seconds and shut it off again. Immediately try to restart it. Does it still have a hard time starting? Or, does it start right up?

When the engine fails to start on the first attempt, shut the key off and try feeding the engine some alternate fuel. A few shots of carb cleaner in the intake tube, or into the brake booster hose. Try to start it again. Does it now start?

More
2 years 6 months ago #52046 by Raven44
Thank you Tyler for the input very appreciated

The starting issues are rare. Most of the time is starts right up

We’ve owned this vehicle for 3-4 months or so now. It’s only failed to start 5 times total. And I noticed that once so far, it took an extra turn over to start.

It seems like the failure to start prob occurs when the car has been driven a fair bit making stops around town. Just my observation tho. It does seem to idle a little rough but not very much. I pay close attention to vehicles so the rough idle would easily go unnoticed by many people I’m sure

Thank you for your thoughts and input

More
2 years 5 months ago #52467 by Raven44
Ok, so I’ve tried starting the vehicle and immediately turning it off. The re starting the vehicle. Each time I’ve re started it, the vehicle did start up again.

Should I keep doing this to see if it acts any different upon re starting it?

I’m not equipped enough to do the other test you mentioned with a fuel source input into the fuel rail when the vehicle doesn’t start. I will try to get the fuel source soon and do this test. Can you describe where the fuel rail would be for me please I’m a beginner w this car stuff

Thank you. I would also appreciate your input about what possibilities may be going on w this issue. For example , what would you think IF the car did not start up after shutting it off immediately and then restarting it? And what would you think if the car was failing to start, and then did start upon inputting a fuel source into the fuel rail? Thank you again very much appreciated

More
2 years 5 months ago - 2 years 5 months ago #52473 by Raven44
Sorry monde,

But unfortunately for a beginner like I stated above those questions are not able to be easily answered at this time. You’ll need to actually explain how I am to answer each question for me to be able to accurately asses and give you feedback

The car most often start w no problems tho. I’ve noticed the way it turns over is irregular tho meaning that sometimes it starts strong and fast and other times it starts and the turn overs seem to be weaker if that makes any sense at all

by security light do you mean check engine light?

i figure I must have spark, since the car turns over when it has this non starting issue. It is NOT a no crank situation. I think it has fuel as well since this non starting issue has occurred several times about ten total now, and each time it does start up after several tries so apparently fuel is present.

Now for the timing and compression question I don’t know  how to answer those because I’m not sure how to asses those two questions personally at this time. If I am given an explanation as to how to do that then I can determine myself 

thank you  
Last edit: 2 years 5 months ago by Raven44. Reason: Additions

More
2 years 5 months ago #52496 by Raven44
Monde, I’ve been clear enough I believe I’m not sure how your misunderstanding

The questions your asking don’t seem to be helpful or giving me any further sense of direction

I appreciate your help but if you can be more clear with your statements that would help a lot

The car has not failed to start. When this problem does occur, I have to try cranking it over 4-5 times and then it does indeed start. We’ve driving the vechike daily for several months and this prob has occurred maybe 10 times total.

So I do believe that should be enough information for you to answer your own question above , is it not? If not, then why not? What more do you need to know ?

Thank you

Time to create page: 0.253 seconds