Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2015 Jeep Patriot Stalling Only When Driving Above 5MPH.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52001 by BLEE
2015 Jeep Patriot only stalls when driving above 5mph. You can be in Park or Neutral and rev it up and no stalling occurs. When your in drive going at least 5mph, then it will die every single time. No codes in any modules, however every 1 in 10 will have a CKP code P0335. It has a new CKP sensor and wire pig tail harness. Also, there is a TSB for a software update that addresses a false P0335. Any help is greatly appreciated. 

Brian

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 6 months ago #52002 by Noah
My first thought is a harness hanging down or rubbing on an axle or driveshaft possibly pulling down the 5v ref circuit or the CKP circuit itself.
Do you lose communication with the scan tool when it stalls?
I would probably scope the CKP feed, signal and ground (assuming it's a hall effect, I haven't looked it up) and recreate the fault to see what leg of the circuit is effected.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 6 months ago #52006 by BLEE
I don't loose com to scan tool. I scoped it using the Autel Ultra and all seems fine. There is a spike in the crankshaft position sensor signal waveform, but I matched this to the secondary ignition which I don't believe is the issue. I will take a look underneath the Jeep and see if anything is rubbing or not.

It is so weird that when in Park or Neutral I can rev it up and it will not die until I drive the Jeep at least 3-5MPH and then it dies everytime. There is a TSB for a P0335 (Crankshaft Position Sensor) code, but I do not believe that this would cause this issue. I may go ahead and update the PCM to at least rule out that as well.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #52021 by BLEE
The vehicle would only 1st die in drive or neutral when it is actually moving. I did a software update to address the P0335 (CKP) and it will not die anymore. However, I keep getting a P0344 (Camshaft Position Sensor Bank 1 Sensor 1) code. There is only 3 wires: 5vdc, ground, & signal wire. I keep getting a 13.4vdc spike in this circuit while only the vehicle is in motion and I rev the engine up. I will have to check for a short to voltage. Very weird that it only happens while the vehicles is only in motion. 
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by BLEE. Reason: Add pic.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52022 by BLEE
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.208 seconds