Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

4.6L 01 mustang gt wiring,won't start

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #51981 by Haze84
Hello,I accidentally drilled a hole where driver seat mounts and hit some wires,I have reconnected all the wires and it cranks but won't start,I've noticed my traction control light is lit up,when usually would be off and my fans kick on and don't shut off when I turn key ignition ON,which I thought was my cars way of saying something isn't connected right?all my fuses r good,other than my power seat fuse which was blown......is there something I'm not doing after connecting wires?switch in trunk for fuel pump is pushed down like it should,havnt bothered with fuel pump relay,as I'm told is saudered in passenger finder well ....I'm wondering what it would cost me to have done in a shop? Or am I just overlooking this? Plz I'll appreciate any guidance I can get,this is my bby and she's never not ran until my careless mistake? I can take more pics or even a video if needed to help further diagnose issue
Attachments:
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Haze84. Reason: Forgot something

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51983 by Desmond6004
Double check you have connected the wires correctly colour for colour. Then check there are none the same colour that you could have connected to the wrong side. After that give all the wires a decent tug to make sure there isn't one that you missed. Finally check to see if there perhaps isn't another harness you could have drilled through as well. The fault is most likely where you are busy working.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51985 by Haze84
Well my fuel pump isn't kicking on,I'm hoping it's the relay cause it f that ain't it,only thing I can think of is that my anti theft is doing something

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #51990 by juergen.scholl
The fact that the fan kicks in when you open the switch is telling you something....Do you have communication with the pcm, does the check engine light come up on initial key turn.

Go over your previous work again, as Desmond recommends. (In the picture it looks like a black/brown wire is connected to a brown one?)

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by juergen.scholl.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51995 by VegasJAK
Don't beat yourself up over this... others have done worse. First thing to do at this point is to disconnect the battery. If any of those wires are connected incorrectly it can cause more problems and at worse, fry your PCM.

As everyone has said, check those broken wires again to insure you have them reconnected right. Wires have a base color and a tracer color. You have to match the wire colors exactly. Inspect all the other wires for damage as well then check all the fuses. If the engine ran before the mishap, it will run again.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

Time to create page: 0.237 seconds