Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2012 Infiniti M56 - Torque Converter Going?

More
2 years 6 months ago - 2 years 6 months ago #51940 by Shanehsmp
Car:
2012 Infiniti M56, about 60k miles, Original plugs, always premium 91 or better.
5.6L V8 VK56VD engine (Direct Injection) 7 Speed Automatic Transimission.

My car has been doing a weird low speed 45mph/5th gear and under bogging.  On decel, my timing retards all the way down to -7° and the effect is a very noticeable "brake".  It only does this after engine temps have warmed up, if I drive at a cooler temp, it decels normally, no aggressive engine brake and timing isn't retarded.  Also, from a stop, the car will shudder from 1st to 2nd to 3rd.

I decided to log my transmission because, specifically my torque converter speed slip - it should be very close to Engine RPM however, I am getting values of 65000 RPM  and this is after verifying with two different scanners.  Below is what my 2nd scanner is showing me.

[img

Any thoughts - I have been trying to figure this out forever, finally think I am there....just need some confirmation.

Last edit: 2 years 6 months ago by Shanehsmp.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.198 seconds