Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

FIXED 2008 Nissan sentry 2.0

More
2 years 6 months ago #51899 by benz42dude23
I'm working on a 2008 Nissan sentry 2.0. Fellow employee called an engine computer for a crank no start issue. Started the diagnosis over confimed I have no spark or injector pulse. Both cam and crank sensor have been replaced. What is stumping me is I have 5 volts on the green yellow and blk red wire of the camshaft postion sensor also the green red and yellow wire on the crankshaft portion have 5 volts on them. I feel I'm missing something simple to get this car running. I don't feel both wires should have 5 volts on them. I can communicate with every module so I feel it's not a dropped 5 volt. Starting to move more towards the diagnosis side of the shop and this one really kicking my butt.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51902 by Mariowinax1
What trouble code is it throwing ??

Have the same car

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

More
2 years 6 months ago #51904 by benz42dude23
Currently no codes since ecm replacement and rewriting Vin and progring keys.

More
2 years 6 months ago #51905 by Mariowinax1
Find a different programming tool and reprogram the keys to the new ecu. It should start.
ID mismatch to the ECU and body control will let car crank but won't start, when ecm is programmed correctly it will start right up.
Hope the new ecu you are replacing part number is the same as the old one ?

Sent from my SM-A217F using Tapatalk

More
2 years 6 months ago #51922 by benz42dude23
Replied by benz42dude23 on topic 2008 Nissan sentry 2.0
Fixed. Found that it was a faulty aftermarket crank sensor that was put in before computer replacement and fouled spark plugs. Thank you for your help.

Time to create page: 0.207 seconds