Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 Dodge Caliber SRT4 2.4L turbo

More
2 years 7 months ago #51880 by Mikeroth19
Hi everyone 

I'm getting code P006D, throttle body light and limp mode. No check engine light and is reset with key cycle. Happens at 3000rpm both with a load and no load. Any help or insight is greatly appreciated. Thanks 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51895 by VegasJAK
This is a correlation problem between the baro voltage and throttle intake pressure voltage. The baro reading comes from the pcm now not the MAP. On your scantool check the baro pid should read the ambient baro for your location.
Did you replace your air filter before this happened? Any restriction in air flow will cause this code. Check air intake and turbo intake and outlets for restrictions.
Don't be a parts changer. My research shown many have thrown parts at this problem and still have the code.
Don't know what tools you have to work with so Im at a loss to tell you how to do other checks
Keep us posted on progress and fix. This seems to be a common problem with this setup.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

More
2 years 7 months ago #51898 by Mikeroth19
Thanks for the reply. All intake piping has been checked with no restrictions. Baro pid reads 14.7psi, I am at sea level. I have access to my scan tool and volt meter. Should I get my hands on a scope for this?
Thanks

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #51901 by VegasJAK
Output restrictions are equally important to check. Check all output piping on the turbo.
If I have correct voltage conversation 14.7 psi = .95mv. As code sets at 3000rpm. What is the TIP reading at idle and 3000rpm? Both baro and TIP are 5v scale. Both are pressure sensors. TIP has algorithm for air speed and density to voltage conversation. I don't know the correlation values but has to be within the 5v range and perimeters set by manufacturer.
Don't change the TIP. Others have and still have the problem.
Did this problem come about suddenly or after a modification or other repair?

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by VegasJAK.

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 7 months ago #51909 by Noah
Whenever I get a intake flow or pressure correlation code I like to remove and clean the throttle body, and perform any kind of idle relearn that may be needed.
They don't even need to be very dirty for this to be effective, any carbon build up in the bore around the area where the throttle blade would seat when fully closed can cause issues.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"
The following user(s) said Thank You: juergen.scholl

More
2 years 7 months ago #51919 by VegasJAK
Did you get a fix to your problem?

More
2 years 7 months ago #51925 by Mikeroth19
No I haven't found a solution. Car had a bunch of work done over the last 6 months. Big wheel stock turbo, upgraded injectors, new throttle body, TIP and Map sensor. Intake is clear and has a new filter, removed intercooler and piping, no restrictions found. Did a boost leak test and vacuum leak test, both checked out. I can't monitor TIP PID, I have used a few different scan tools with no luck. Tested all wires on TIP sensor, 5V reference is 5.04v, return wire is 4.5v and ground is .02v KOEO. I get 1.43v on return wire engine running and doesn't change with increase or decrease of RPM's. Thanks for your help.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51931 by VegasJAK
What bar are the MAP and TIP.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51942 by Mikeroth19
Both are 3 bar and same part number

More
2 years 7 months ago #51966 by VegasJAK
TIP solenoid not functioning.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51968 by Mikeroth19
The Caliber does not have a TIP solenoid like the Neon SRT4 did. The TIP sensor is mounted inside the intercooler piping right before the throttle body. Even tried to remove the TIP sensor and plug the hole where it mounts and I still get the same code.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #51979 by VegasJAK
Having a constant 1.43v on the TIP signal all the time to me is the problem.
With the TIP unplugged KOEO what are your readings on the harness side of the TIP. I'm thinking you have a wiring problem.
No vacuum leaks... Right.

Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by VegasJAK.

More
2 years 6 months ago #52550 by VegasJAK
Did you get a fix for this?

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds