Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2004 mazda 6 cooling fans on all the time

More
2 years 7 months ago #51862 by Mitchroberson
MAZDA 6 2004 with the V6 3.0 L engine. Fans come on when started and do not go off till key is off and removed from ignition. Powers and grounds to the fan module are fine.
If I pull fan relay it stops. But fan relay only powers fan module. And not powering the fans directly.
I am about to call the fan module. But thought I would ask here if anyone has other suggestions.

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51865 by VegasJAK
Check the relay. Swap it around with another. If relay good, check signal from pcm to fan module. If signal goes on and off but fans stay on then it's most likely the module.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

More
2 years 7 months ago #51870 by Mitchroberson
So with car off. I can power the fan module on via the relay and fans come on

Sent from my SM-N970U using Tapatalk

More
2 years 7 months ago #51892 by Doodah14
Are there any engine codes relating to engine temp? like temp sensor codes or Thermostat codes. Also, Check for HVAC codes. If its possible read what the High side A/C pressure sensor is reading.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51896 by VegasJAK
You'll be able to run the fans by by-passing the relay. It's the signal from the pcm you want to check. The pcm will signal the module to turn off and on the fans via the relay from other inputs.
My research has shown when the fan stays on after the engine power is shut off, it's the module. But, don't be a parts changer, check that pcm signal first.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

More
2 years 7 months ago #51921 by VegasJAK
Were you able to fix the problem?

Time to create page: 0.229 seconds