Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Chrysler asd circut

More
2 years 7 months ago #51795 by 27265gremlin
Do here is my question 2002chrysler PT....2.4l....crank bit no start has Spark and will run on propane....all pins have power at the asd and fuel pump relay  and ,8v...refrence ...at the cam and crank....however no ground ,at the fuel pump relay ......someone suggest a lazy cam or crank sensor....however wouldnt that kick a code and an intermitant  ground problem.....please realize i'm working with an ohmeter a test light and a simple scan tool...thank you in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51797 by ScannerDanner
Replied by ScannerDanner on topic Chrysler asd circut
to rule out a crank or cam sensor issue on this, you absolutely will get a 1-2 second prime of the fuel pump/ASD relay circuits when the key is first turned on. If you get this "prime" (power to the ignition coils, fuel injectors, fuel pump, O2 heater, alternator) during initial key on, but then no power during cranking, the I agree, you have an input problem (cam/crank sensor). If you have no "prime" power and no power cranking, forget about the cam/crank sensors, that is not your problem

Don't be a parts changer!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds