Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Audi SQ5 P2146 code

More
2 years 7 months ago #51694 by MTag
Audi SQ5 P2146 code was created by MTag
Hi 

I have 2013 Audi SQ5 3.0V6 TDi

While driving down the motorway (I live in the UK) I accelerated to overtake, I had adaptive cruise control on which the distance control kicked in for second as i was changing lanes to overtake. The car lost all power and the glow plug light was flashing. after pulling over turned ignition off and tried to restart the car wouldn't start. I scanned with A Carly and had code P2146.

Since getting the car towed home the car will just about start but is not drivable seems to only running on R/H bank of cylinders. I have checked resistance of all injectors and they are all around same value. I have checked for 12v on all injector plugs which I have and also had a noid light on each plug and that seems ok. All seems to lead to ECU but I'm not convinced as all injectors seem to be getting signal with noid light.

I also have a P0522 engine oil pressure sensor low voltage. Thing this may be a symptom of the engine running really rough.
I have a P1016 not sure what this is

If anyone can offer any suggestion as to what test next 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51721 by Desmond6004
Replied by Desmond6004 on topic Audi SQ5 P2146 code
I had an Audi with multiple codes for all the engine components - it turned out to be a bad contact on the main fuse feeding the engine components. Check the fuse feeding the injectors and the relay.

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #51777 by jadahutton
Replied by jadahutton on topic Audi SQ5 P2146 code

I had an Audi with multiple codes for all the engine components - it turned out to be a bad contact on the main fuse feeding the engine components. Check the fuse feeding the injectors and the relay.  friday night funkin
Oh that was it, great thank you so much!
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by jadahutton.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51791 by Desmond6004
Replied by Desmond6004 on topic Audi SQ5 P2146 code
Glad my hours of frustration on Audis can help someone else eventually :D

Getting involved in discussions because I have a lot to learn still.

Time to create page: 0.517 seconds