Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

in search of some electrical help

More
2 years 7 months ago #51676 by kellysg
i have a 2011 chevy traverse and died on me driving. i didnt get any codes or nothing. after it died it will not crank so hauled it back to my shop. first thing i noticed when my scanner was plugged in was my signal from my knock sensors is 63 volts ( car is not running ). looked at grounds looked at some wiring and cannot figure out why that is so high and why i wont crank. if i have the key on and i unplug the knock sensor the ecm fuse will blow. any help would be greatly apricated. o and my command air fuel equivalence ratio is very high.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51678 by Cheryl
Check the voltage drop between pins 4 and 5 of data link connector? Should’ve close to zero. Also can you communicate with all the modules on the network? Do a vehicle health report and tell us what codes you get. Any other fuses blown?

More
2 years 7 months ago #51680 by Tyler
Would you be able to get a picture of your 63V reading on the knock sensor? :huh: I don't doubt you, I'd just genuinely like to see that.

As far as your no crank condition, I think Cheryl has the right idea. Another way would be to connect the black lead of your DMM to actual battery negative (underneath the passenger rear floormat), and check pin  #4,5 and 16 at the DLC for voltage during a crank attempt. #4 and #5 should show very close to zero, #16 should be close to battery voltage.

When you say ECM fuse, do you mean ECM or ECM 1?

More
2 years 7 months ago #51700 by Grouchyoldman
I see on another forum that a few others have this problem. One said if he pulled the fscm fuse out it quit blowing the ecm fuse. no fixes but they did say that is was one of the ecm ign/batt feeds. one posted all the schematics but it looks like a few here have the good stuff too. I'll have a look and see what I see.

Time to create page: 0.236 seconds