Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2014 Chevrolet Impala (Fixed)

More
2 years 7 months ago #51613 by abe1204
Hello everyone Good day! Im gonna ask question about this 2014 chevy impala 3.6   the car started before  after the engine pulled it down to replaced rear oil seal and back all components car does not crank  check powers and grounds still does not crank  check on scan tool   no com with BCM. A/T. ECM..PSCM.. IT can communicate with Abs but not throwing codes. And Hvac..door lock is working  and the chassis control module no response. Is this a communication error? 

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51616 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2014 Chevrolet Impala
Unhook battery check the data link connector pins 6 and 14 should be 60 ohms. Let us know what you get.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monde

More
2 years 7 months ago #51622 by abe1204
Replied by abe1204 on topic 2014 Chevrolet Impala
Hi cheryl thank you for the reply. as you saif I check 6 and 14 and I read 130 with unhook neg bat..

More
2 years 7 months ago #51624 by Cheryl
Replied by Cheryl on topic 2014 Chevrolet Impala
Well it’s supposed to read 60

More
2 years 7 months ago #51625 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic 2014 Chevrolet Impala
Sounds like the HS-CAN is open somewhere.Not sure if gm still looped the network thru' modules in 2014 but if they did maybe a module didn't get plugged back in?
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monde

More
2 years 7 months ago #51628 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2014 Chevrolet Impala
This is section of the HS-LAN that's relevant for our discussion:

Your reading of 130 ohms says a single network open, like Cheryl said. You CAN communicate with the EBCM, but can't communicate with the PSCM. That means your issue is most likely in between. I highlighted your suspect connectors. X115 is a bulk connector on top of the transmission, in front of the ECM. X2 is the PSCM connector.

Verify both of those connectors are fully latched and connected. ;) 
The following user(s) said Thank You: Monde, abe1204

• Noah
  • Give code definitions with numbers!
More
2 years 7 months ago #51633 by Noah
Replied by Noah on topic 2014 Chevrolet Impala
How about the EBCM connector itself? I've seen them latch poorly after the engine has been out and cause a no start, but I don't remember if there was communication up to the EBCM. I think you could have comm in but not necessarily out if the problem only effects pins 8 and 9.

"Ground cannot be checked with a 10mm socket"

More
2 years 7 months ago #51639 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2014 Chevrolet Impala

How about the EBCM connector itself? I've seen them latch poorly after the engine has been out and cause a no start, but I don't remember if there was communication up to the EBCM. I think you could have comm in but not necessarily out if the problem only effects pins 8 and 9.
Yep, that's a possibility, too! I suppose you could bend either pin #8 OR #9 and get this problem. Or spread pin/fretting/whatever.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah, abe1204

More
2 years 7 months ago #51656 by abe1204
well ! that an issue right now i just cant figure out whete should I go first

More
2 years 7 months ago #51657 by abe1204
Yes, it is Hs Can im gonna check those connectors and I ask rhe mechanic he told me that he removed the PSCM and the entirr Fusebox Left front Engine and the connector goes to AT

More
2 years 7 months ago #51658 by abe1204
Thank you for this information im gonna use this to check connectors from PSCM the mechanic told me that hard to get to disconnect the PSCM might be one line is missing

More
2 years 7 months ago #51710 by abe1204
here is what I read From PSCM connector disconnected 120 ohms and TCM connector disconnected 120 ohms .is this 120 ohms From A disconnected connector PSCM is cme frm ABS MOULE?

More
2 years 7 months ago #51722 by Cheryl
That had to be the resistor in the engine control module. Did you ohm test it on the dark blue/ grey and white wire? You need to find that connector x115. Bet it’s not latched fully
The following user(s) said Thank You: abe1204

More
2 years 7 months ago #51727 by abe1204
ok ill give you update when im done check those connectors Thank you

More
2 years 7 months ago #51728 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2014 Chevrolet Impala Updated

here is what I read From PSCM connector disconnected 120 ohms and TCM connector disconnected 120 ohms .

So, still measuring resistance at the DLC, you disconnected the PSCM and TCM and still read 120 ohms. Is that correct? :huh:

If so, it means your network open was upstream of the PSCM and TCM. Closer to the BCM/DLC, in other words. Like Cheryl said, you still need to verify X115 and the EBCM connector.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51733 by abe1204
yes, i already checked n DLC and Disconnect connectors every single module and it reads 120 ohms then I disconnect Abs module connector #8 #9 i read nothing on that lne but when ohm its good resistance from abs module down to X115 connector to Pscm connector. its fne.next i Read frm TCM commector disconnected can line to ecm 120 ohms.. and i check resistance from tCm connector to PSCM connector its good reisance ,. What might be wrong on this is This PSCM MODULE is bad ? check powers and grounds at PSCM Its Fine too

More
2 years 7 months ago #51734 by abe1204
Other checks i have done Abs module disconnected there are 6 wires can lne including # 8 #9 the other four can lne is also from abs module connector i read 120 ohms both can line .only 8 and 9 is not showing 120 ohms but when I ohm the wire its good from abs connector to PSCM connector.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51735 by Cheryl
If your suspecting a bad pscm you can jump the cam lines with a jumper wire paper clip etc. go from dark blue/grey to dark blue then white to white. Jump can wires coming in to them coming out is what I’m saying

More
2 years 7 months ago #51740 by abe1204
Thank you guys for the help The car starts fine after I found and fixed From PSCM pin is bend or misaligned it is difficult to show The pin bended , I used Mirror and I saw that one pin is misaligned , Thank you Paul and Cheryll and other guys for helping me ,GODBLESS!

More
2 years 7 months ago #51742 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic 2014 Chevrolet Impala (Fixed)
Well done! :cheer: So you ended up tweaking the PSCM pin back straight? Was the same connector fully latched?

Way to stay with it and keep your eyes open. B)

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds