Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

The thrill of the chase and the satisfaction of a job well done

More
2 years 7 months ago #51598 by AJeep18
I don't know about the rest of you, but there is nothing like the feeling of satisfaction you get when you find a problem, solve it, and get the customer going down the road. Even if it isn't a difficult problem I still enjoy it. Anyone else rather do this kind of work instead of brakes?   

Had a Dodge 2500 Cummins come in today. Customer said they were driving and it just die, and wouldn't start. Pushed it in, had no com with the PCM and a bunch of other communication codes. Checked the wiring diagram for the PCM and noted the fuses. J3 a 30A J-case was blown. Put another one in and it blew immediately. (no I was not going to ship it without finding the short if it didn't blow). Unplugged the PCM and checked resistance to ground of the shorted wire (to make sure there wasn't in internal PCM short) nope, still shorted to ground. Plugged the PCM back in, and then all of the sudden... no short! Great... now I have to find it! I put the fuse back in and started wiggling the harness, eventually I heard a slight arcing noise above the fuel filter. Pulled the harness back and sure enough had rubbed through on a trans cooler line. Repaired the wire, wrapped the loom back up with Tesa tape, added a rubber bushing, and boom truck is on the road and I can sleep at night knowing it isn't gonna come back!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Noah

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51606 by steve
Well done, no parts thrown at it and professionally fixed.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.187 seconds