Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

98 chrysler sebring runs fine then dies no codes

More
2 years 7 months ago #51494 by Mort
Working on a 98 chrysler sebring 2.5 it was throwing a PO340 code I replaced the cam sensor/distributor it runs fine for about 5 minutes then dies. it is not throwing any codes the fuel pump / fuel regulator has been replaced.  I am not understanding why it is doing what it is doing. has anyone come across this situation before?  if so how do I correct this issue?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51495 by Ben
Does it restart immediately? If so how long before it dies again? Can you access scan data or codes only?

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

More
2 years 7 months ago #51497 by Mort
No does not restart immediatley. codes only. I dont have a program for data
serems to have plenty of fuel 50psi. I would think if it was an injector issue it would show a misfire code.

More
2 years 7 months ago #51506 by VegasJAK
Check the cam and crank signals. These are known to throw cam codes when its the crank sensor.
Hope this helps.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

More
2 years 7 months ago #51519 by Mort
I'll give it a shot thanks

More
2 years 7 months ago #51523 by Mort
I have crank and cam signal voltage. started the car it ran for around 3 minutes and died, pulled off the fuel line at the rail and nothing came out.   I jacked up the rear of the car and put it on jackstands  and it starts and runs.  I am thinking it is sucking air from somewhere or the fuel pick-up  is in a bind or the fuel filter is the culprit

Time to create page: 0.199 seconds