Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

jeep p0344 code

More
2 years 8 months ago #51345 by ronald316
jeep p0344 code was created by ronald316
hi everyone i have a 2006 jeep wrangler 4.0 259000 k.m it has code p0344 cam sensor the customer replaced the cam sensor .when it came in i did a cam and crank sync took for a test drive the code cam back i checked my powers and grounds loaded them and found bad gound wire at crank sensor.i repaired the ground dark blue with green trace.now its worst i use to be able to drive it 3 to 4 k.m before the light would come on now i don t even make it of the parking lot

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51348 by VegasJAK
Replied by VegasJAK on topic jeep p0344 code
Check crank sensor. Chrysler is notorious for cam codes when it's a crank sensor.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

More
2 years 8 months ago #51350 by Tyler
Replied by Tyler on topic jeep p0344 code
Agreed. This would not be the first time a CDJR crank sensor sent someone for a loop.

Can you monitor the cam and crank signals while going for a drive in the parking lot? You'd be able to see if the signal line is going high/low/out of sync/whatever. That'd narrow your list of suspects.

Was there any other related harnesses that you disturbed while doing the wiring repair?

More
2 years 8 months ago #51351 by VegasJAK
Replied by VegasJAK on topic jeep p0344 code
Are you sure about the dark blue/ green wire being ground? Should be black/light blue for ground. Orange for 5v ref and gray/black for signal.

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

More
2 years 8 months ago #51354 by ronald316
Replied by ronald316 on topic jeep p0344 code
i will recheck the diagram again

More
2 years 8 months ago #51391 by ronald316
ok i just checked on identafix cam 5v yel/pimk cmp sig dkblu/gry sens gnd dk blue/dk grn crankshaft sens gnd dkblu/ dk grn ckp sig brn/lt blu 5volt pink/yel

More
2 years 8 months ago #51392 by ronald316
i don t think i did but i will check thanks

Time to create page: 0.192 seconds