Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

2008 GMC SIERRA 2500 6.6L DIESEL NO CRANK NO START

More
2 years 8 months ago #51284 by atanas.dimitrov
We have been trying to fix this truck for 2 years and it has been at 2 other shops. It has no crank no start issue. I have started with checking can bus system. I have lost comm with ECM. I found out my t case module had fried. I put new one truck ran for 2 days and same thing happened. I'm back at start. I have checked my resistance on can hi and lo I am getting 60ohms. From pin 6 14 on Break out box. 
I believe I have a short somewhere. But I need some help how to find it. I want to do continuity check on both can hi lo wires but I cannot get to all modall to disconnect from circuit.  
any idea would be great.
Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51301 by Cheryl
If you have 60 ohms at pins 6and 14 your resistance is good. No communication to the ecm? Do you have a 5 volt reference

More
2 years 8 months ago #51302 by Cheryl
Can you talk to the transfer case module?

More
2 years 8 months ago #51303 by atanas.dimitrov
Yes 5v no .
But I started playing with the tan black wore at dlc I believe it can hi. I move it to right truck started. Move left trick won't start. Also I have comm now. It Don make sense at DLC it dead end

Time to create page: 0.230 seconds