Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

5v reference

More
2 years 8 months ago #51281 by marwee
5v reference was created by marwee
Hi all, I'm having trouble with fuel pressure diesel 4d20 fuel pressure sensor disconnected and all three pins are showing 5volts, can any one advise me? Why? 8

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #51285 by juergen.scholl
Replied by juergen.scholl on topic 5v reference
A short to reference voltage and an open at the same time further down the line on the low reference wire to the control unit would cause this. Did yo check continuity from  sensor to edu? Do you know the circuit design?

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by juergen.scholl.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marwee

More
2 years 8 months ago #51288 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic 5v reference
Open sensor ground/low ref is the most likely cause.
The following user(s) said Thank You: marwee

More
2 years 8 months ago #51290 by juergen.scholl

Open sensor ground/low ref is the most likely cause.
Would an open sensor ground give a 5 volts reading with the sensor disconnected??

An expert is someone who knows each time more on each time less, until he finally knows absolutely everything about absolutely nothing.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51292 by Matt T
Replied by Matt T on topic 5v reference

Would an open sensor ground give a 5 volts reading with the sensor disconnected??
If the sensor ground is shared with other sensors ahead of the break then yes. Would help if we knew whether the test was plugged in or disconnected. Then test the other way if you're uncomfortable with shorting 5V circuits with a test light

More
2 years 8 months ago #51293 by juergen.scholl
I understood the sensor was disconnected....maybe it wasn't?

With an open and shared sensor ground I would expect codes for the other sensors as well.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51296 by marwee
Replied by marwee on topic 5v reference
Thanks for advise, I cannot for the life of me get a wiring diagram for great wall haval5, not even from the dealer!n they change color of wires at the fuse box! I am sorry I even sighted this vehicle! spent untold hours on it! thanks again.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51297 by marwee
Thanks, the only code i am getting is PO255, I expected to get alot of codes! PO255 is fuel Fuel regulator valve/ cam/rotor, checked cam sensor OK, changed injectors which were bad! replaced fuel reg! so now I am tracing this short! v all 3 wires plug disconnected.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51299 by marwee
Hi plug disconnected, has me puzzled! i am going to have to do a con test on ground wires?

More
2 years 8 months ago #51306 by marwee
Hi Guys found problem! removed seat found ECU, traced wiring! no diagram! and found a mouse nest!! and guess what? YES! a bloody mouse had got hungry!! mouse house has gone and fumigated and all is well!! thank-you people soooo much for your advise! it was starting to do my head in kind regards Marcus.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51323 by VegasJAK
Replied by VegasJAK on topic 5v reference
So now you have unplugged readings of 5, 5 and 0?

"an open mind let's knowledge flow in and wisdom flow out for a man who has neither never listens to those who have both".
Being wrong doesn't bother me, it's being right and not understanding why that does

More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #51377 by Dtnel
Replied by Dtnel on topic 5v reference
Whats the year, make & model? I see a make, model listed just want to make sure it’s correct if I look to see if I can find it.

If so I can tell you where it’s at otherwise I’m just in same boat as you in regards to not being able to find it.
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Dtnel. Reason: Quoting didn't format properly....

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds