Help us help you. By posting the year, make, model and engine near the beginning of your help request, followed by the symptoms (no start, high idle, misfire etc.) Along with any prevalent Diagnostic Trouble Codes, aka DTCs, other forum members will be able to help you get to a solution more quickly and easily!

Re:2003 ford excursion 6.0 diesel

More
2 years 8 months ago #51169 by BRAD70
Hello  Crank no start. my testing is leading me to high pressure oil pump. but before removing intake and buying fittings to test. i noticed no rpm when cranking. should i have rpm when cranking??? Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #51184 by Hardtopdr2
Yes you should have rpm signal from cam and crank sensors.
The following user(s) said Thank You: BRAD70

More
2 years 8 months ago #51186 by Tyler
Should definitely have RPM signal on the scan tool while cranking. I'd expect 150 RPM or more with charged batteries. What's the IPC actual and desired, and the IPR during cranking?

More
2 years 8 months ago #51195 by Ben
Slow down on hp oil pump if it doesn't have 500psi oil pressure (required to start) its not likely the hp pump (it will show up at high loads way sooner than no start) more likely is a stuck ICR , a large high pressure oil leak , or a misreading ICP sensor if it does have oil pressure and is a no start that either a bad FICM (check injector voltage(needs 48v)) or a cam crank sync issue (check FICM Sync Pid (should say yes while cranking))

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk

More
2 years 2 months ago #54800 by washer
Just wondering what ever became of issue. I'm interested.

More
2 years 2 months ago #54835 by BRAD70
ENDED UP having a cracked/split steel line on the high pressure fuel pump under the intake manifold. It was a crank no start.

More
2 years 2 months ago - 2 years 2 months ago #54851 by washer
The STC (snap to connect) I assume. Yep, those ALL fail.

Lol, after I hit submit, I noticed this was a 2003. I assume that had the aluminum HPOP. I've never actually had one of those apart, so, ignore my comment about STC.
Last edit: 2 years 2 months ago by washer.

More
2 years 2 months ago #54861 by BRAD70
No worries. I was sure the high pressure pump was out. when found the cracked line.

Time to create page: 0.263 seconds